To register a new device on rapyuta.io, follow the below steps:
- On the left navigation bar, click DEVICES.
- Click ADD NEW DEVICE.
- You will provide a name for the device in the Device Name box.
- You can choose to build the application’s source code inside the device or outside it.
- Do not select Use docker compose as default runtime option if the application source code is already built locally in the device.
- Select Use docker compose as default runtime option if you want to build the application source code in rapyuta.io and push the build to the device remotely. On selecting this option, you will be asked to choose the version of ROS installed on the device.
- You will provide the absolute path of your catkin workspace as
the ROS Catkin Workspace value. If you are using custom rapyuta.io
image on the device, your catkin workspace will be
/home/rapyuta/catkin_ws where catkin_ws is the name of the catkin workspace.
Otherwise, you will have a different absolute path for your catkin workspace.
The ROS Catkin Workspace can be empty, and you may provide this value on
the device’s Details page.
- In the Description box, enter a brief summary of the device.
- Click CONTINUE.
- To copy the generated token (a unique device setup link), click COPY.
You must copy the token before it expires in ten minutes. To generate
the token again, click Token on the Devices page.